Training & Workshops
Using an outside facilitator to train your staff is a great way to kick-start a new initiative and ensure everyone is on the same page. IQ will customize its training services to suit your group’s size and specialty, so you get the most out of your time together.
- Introduction to Logic Models
- Program Planning for Impact
- Outcome Measurement in a Nutshell
- Meaningful & Manageable Outcome Measurement
- How to Write A Winning Grant Proposal
- Surveys & Beyond: Designing Practical Data Collection Tools
- The Results Are In! Now What? Understanding & Presenting Your Findings
- Plan, Write & Speak with Greater Impact
Click here to see descriptions of IQ's most popular on-site training sessions. Don't see exactly what you're looking for? We're always happy to discuss ways to better suit your needs!
- 2 Hours - excellent for conferences
- Half-day - perfect as part of an annual meeting or staff retreat
- 1 Day - great to kick-off a new season or initiative
- 2 Days - best for in-depth organizational exploration
- Virtual - ideal for geographically dispersed groups, with visual components presented online
- - -- in real time and a conference call system for discussion
> Testimonials from a few customized training clients
and accessible, allowing organizations to articulate goals and the steps necessary to
achieving desired program outcomes.”
Scott Moyer, President
The Jacob and Valeria Langeloth Foundation
“IQ’s outcome measurement workshop helped us look more closely at what we need
to focus on and how to more effectively get that information.”
Katie Cassano, Program Director
FDNY Counseling Unit
"Laurel provided trainings to Avenue NYC grantees on designing impactful programs and measuring results. Her workshops were clear, well-organized and interesting. She is a true professional and expert in her field."
Andrea Buteau, Executive Director
NYC Department of Small Business Services - Commercial Revitalization, Neighborhood Development
"We had high expectations and a demanding team, and Laurel worked with us exceptionally well. Laurel is a skilled facilitator, who guided us in a valuable discussion about the connection between our organization's actions and intended outcomes. She facilitated a productive brainstorming process by incorporating insights I had shared prior to our session, and in a short time helped us develop a concrete framework to map out our future work. The senior management team gave Laurel a uniformly positive evaluation."
Katarina Duplessy, VP, COO
Throughout the year and across the country, IQ also provides workshops that are open to the public. Looking for a basic introduction to outcome-based work? Join us!
2014 Public Workshop & Speaking Schedule:
- NPCC's Excellence in Managing for Results Panel, January 31, New York, NY
- Meaningful & Manageable Outcome Measurement, February 13, Newark, NJ
- Meaningful & Manageable Outcome Measurement, March 13, New York, NY
- Foundation Center Consultants Fair: 1-on-1 Feedback Sessions, April 23, New York, NY
- Creating Logic Models, May 1, Toledo, OH
- More workshops will be added throughout the year. Please check back again!
Benefits of Training
Participate in an IQ session and learn to:
- Develop a meaningful mission statement
- Plan programs strategically
- Write winning grants
- Manage projects efficiently and effectively
- Measure and report key outcomes
- Identify what’s working and what’s not
- Increase your impact
~ Contact IQ for a free consultation to explore whether this service is right for you. ~